Student Leadership Conference
What is the Student Leadership Conference?
SLC is an exciting event for more than 300 participants from 18 countries that takes place the last Wednesday to Saturday of September each year. You must go to this year's SLC event page for more details on the next event. Registration opens on our website beginning May 1st each year.
Student Selection: It is very important to begin your student selection well in advance. Please consider now how this will be done so that it most benefits your students and your school as a whole. Remember that there will be different registration prices available for this event:
- Early Registration: May 1 - June 15, 10% discount
- Normal Registration: June 16 - August 24, standard price
- Late Registration: August 25 - Sept 10, 20% added cost!
- SLC seeks to help its participants (students and chaperones alike) grow in their personal walk with Christ and in their commitment to serving God. This is particularly encouraged by the worship and theme-oriented plenary sessions and follow-up discussions.
- SLC seeks to help Christian student leaders identify leadership skills and potentials that God has placed in them for His purposes and for their benefit (through plenary, workshop, and discussion group sessions).
- SLC seeks to help students recognize God's call on their lives to lead now while preparing to lead in the future, impacting their world for Christ (through testimonies and examples of leaders moved and empowered by God).
- SLC seeks to guide students in developing a personal plan for growth, identifing steps for applying what they learn in both their personal lives and in their circles of influence. (What does God want me to do? Will I commit to following Him no matter what?)
- SLC seeks to strengthen the students' structure of support through building community in the school's student leadership team and between schools of different countries and languages within a setting of love and Christian grace and fellowship (through quality group activities, dedicated interaction times, discussion and prayer groups, and school debriefing times).
- SLC seeks to strengthen Christian schools through the commitment and service of those students who participate in the SLC event and through others whose lives are impacted as a result (through implementation of each school's action plan).
- SLC seeks to encourage professional growth among chaperones through professional development seminars during the conference and opportunities to interact deeply with their students and with each other.